You can add a “Search in site” option in your search engine list by following the directions below:
- From the Tools menu, click Maxthon setup center
- Open the Search page from the sidebar on the left
- Add a new search engine by clicking the Add Item link, type anything in the title and the alias fields, but in the URL field add:
- Save your settings, the new search engine would appear in the search bar menu.
- Now you can type anything in your search bar, select this search engine, and the currently opened site will be searched for your keyword in Google.
Thanks to sleek, “R” and JarC for originally posting this tip in the forum
People of Earth:
You probably have seen the pinned, highlighted and the can’t be missed announcement in the forum about it before, but If you haven’t, here is the whole thing again:
A new IRC channel for Maxthon fans has been created, you are welcome to ask any question you have in mind about Maxthon, or just enjoy some random chit chatting.
Now for the technical stuff:
If you don’t have an IRC client, you can use the java-based version here: http://java.freenode.net//index.php?channel=maxthon
See you there! 🙂
PS: Title is (c) to johnnylegend
Right clicking the small plus sign at the far right of the tabs would opens whatever text found in the clipboard in new tab, If it was a URL it would be normally opened, and If it was text a www and .com would be added automatically to the beginning and the last of the text and then opened in a new tab too.
This is one of the most used plugins for Maxthon, and one of my personal favorites, I really don’t know how I could live without it, from the simple new additions to Google as adding numbers before each results to the new ideas as the infinite scrolling feature, this plugin is indeed a must have for all the Google’s users (which is probably about 99% of the readers of this blog ;) ).
In this post, I will cover all the features of the plugin with a detailed description…
You can arrange tabs according to their site by middle clicking an empty space in the tab bar, it’s also available as a command in the right click menu of the tabs.